This course introduces you to the transcription process, covering the necessary skills and equipment. It includes an activity where you use the SALT editor to type in a sample transcript and check it for errors.
Time to complete: 1 hour
Upon completion of the course the participant will be able to:
- Understand the process for transcribing language samples.
- List materials and skills necessary for transcribing language samples.
- Enter a transcript using the SALT editor.
- Check a transcript for errors.
- Any copy of SALT 20 or SALT 18 software. Older versions of the software may be used though you may notice differences in the menu structures and the reports.
- Adobe Reader® or other PDF reader which is needed to view document files.