This course covers the format of the transcript, specifically:
- Speaker identification ($ line)
- Demographic and sample information (+ lines)
- Timing information (- lines)
- Utterance format
- Transcriber comments
Time to complete: 1 hour
Upon completion of the course the participant will be able to:
- Complete SALT header information.
- Initialize the clock and mark elapsed time.
- Use SALT conventions: punctuation and transcriber comments.
- Any copy of SALT 20 or SALT 18 software. Older versions of the software may be used though you may notice differences in the menu structures and the reports.
- A digital playback system for playing the audio while you type in the text.
- Adobe Reader® or other PDF reader which is needed to view document files.