This course covers the initial set of SALT transcription conventions. They include:
- Bound morphemes
- Mazes and part words
These conventions are considered the essential conventions for SALT transcripts. Using these conventions, basic analyses can be completed from the transcript. Study the rules and then practice them using the interactive "Try It" and "Self Check" modules.
Time to complete: 1 hour
Upon completion of the course the participant will be able to:
- Identify and code plurals, possessives, verb inflections, and contractions in language transcripts.
- Define and code transcripts for mazes and part words.
- Code pauses within a language transcript.
- Any copy of SALT 20 or SALT 18 software. Older versions of the software may be used though you may notice differences in the menu structures and the reports.
- A digital playback system for playing the audio while you type in the text.
- Adobe Reader® or other PDF reader which is needed to view document files.