This course covers the second set of SALT transcription conventions. They include:
- Unintelligible segments
- Spelling conventions
- Linked words
- Sound effects and idiosyncratic forms
- Root identification
Study the rules and then practice them using the interactive "Try It" and "Self Check" modules.
Time to complete: 1 hour
Upon completion of the course the participant will be able to:
- Code for unintelligible speech.
- Use SALT spelling conventions.
- Code for linked words, sound effects, and idiosyncratic word forms.
- Identify root forms.
- Any copy of SALT 20 or SALT 18 software. Older versions of the software may be used though you may notice differences in the menu structures and the reports.
- A digital playback system for playing the audio while you type in the text.
- Adobe Reader® or other PDF reader which is needed to view document files.