Six practice audios are provided which incorporate the various features of standard SALT transcription. Download and transcribe each audio sample. Then compare your transcription with the "master" transcript.
Time to complete: 1 - 3 hours
Upon completion of the course the participant will be able to:
- Transcribe samples following the standard SALT transcription format.
- Code samples for optional features such as marking overlapping speech, omissions, errors, and inserting a final timing marker.
- Use a digital playback system.
At this time, ASHA will not accept this course for Certification Maintenance Hours.
- Any copy of SALT 20 or SALT 18 software. Older versions of the software may be used though you may notice differences in the menu structures and the reports.
- A digital playback system for playing the audio while you type in the text.
- Adobe Reader® or other PDF reader which is needed to view document files.