This course guides you through the process of analyzing language samples. Listen to an introductory lecture, watch a video demonstration of the SALT software, complete directed exercises, and analyze a language sample using the software.
Time to complete: 2 hours
Upon completion of the course the participant will be able to:
- Name the steps in analyzing a language sample.
- Generate reports selected from the Analyze and Database menus.
- Change the comparison set and standard deviation interval for a database comparison.
- Understand the results of a language sample analysis.
- Any copy of SALT 20 or SALT 18 software. Older versions of the software may be used though you may notice differences in the menu structures and the reports.
- Adobe Reader® or other PDF reader which is needed to view document files.