The store will not work correctly in the case when cookies are disabled.
1603: Bilingual SE - Transcribing Samples
The standard SALT conventions also apply to Spanish samples and are not repeated here. This course covers the following conventions which are specific to Bilingual (Spanish/English) samples:
- Setting up a bilingual Spanish transcript
- Spanish character set
- Overview of transcription conventions
- Modified communication units
- Identifying Spanish root forms
- Reflexive vs non-reflexive pronouns
- Plural bound morphemes
- Bound pronominal clitics
- Spanish spelling conventions
- Customized codes
Prerequisite: Familiarity with the standard SALT transcription conventions
Time to complete: 2 hours
- Segment utterances based on modified communication units.
- Transcribe Spanish language samples using the SALT transcription conventions.
- Use the SALT software to automatically identify the root forms of Spanish verbs.
At this time, ASHA will not accept this course for Professional Development Hours.
- Any copy of SALT 20 or SALT 18 software. Older versions of the software may be used though you may notice differences in the menu structures and the reports.
- Adobe Reader® or other PDF reader which is needed to view document files.
To access this course:
- Go to classes.saltsoftware.com.
- Create a new account or log in to your existing Moodle account. Note that this is not the same as your saltsoftware.com account.
- To enroll in this course, scroll to the bottom and click the "Enrol me" button.